Evergreen Bank Group has been alerted to a Nationwide Phone Spoofing Scam:
- Fraudsters are placing “spoofed” phone calls to customers from phone numbers that make it appear the call is coming from your financial institution.
- Fraudsters are impersonating a member of the bank fraud department and attempting to obtain your online banking account password.
As a reminder:
- Evergreen Bank Group will never ask you for your password.
- Protect your accounts - you should never share your password with anyone, including your bank.
- Check your bank account regularly (ideally daily) and report any suspicious transactions to us immediately by calling 888-505-2265.
Additional tips are available at https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/spoofing-and-caller-id
We’d also like to make you aware of some Microsoft software issues you might be experiencing if you are a Windows 7 or Internet Explorer user.
Windows 7 and Internet Explorer are no longer supported by Microsoft.
- Windows 7 is software on older pcs that is a Microsoft product. Microsoft support for Microsoft 7 ended on January 14, 2020. ï¾ï¾ Customers can continue to use Windows 7 and their PC will still work, but these pcs are more vulnerable to security risks and viruses because Microsoft will no longer offer security updates for this system.ï¾ï¾
- Internet Explorer (IE) on a Windows 7 device is also no longer supported by Microsoft as of January 14, 2020.ï¾ï¾ If you continue to use IE on a Windows 7 computer, some features and functions may not operate properly.
Next Steps for Windows 7 PC and Internet Explorer users’
- Microsoft recommends moving to a new PC with Windows 10.
- Upgrading to Windows 10 with the default browser of Microsoft Edge, instead of Internet Explorer, will help protect your information and provide a better experience.
- Other browser options besides Internet Explorer include Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- If you are not sure if you are using Internet Explorer, this link will let you know what you have:ï¾ï¾ https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/
More information about Microsoft Windows 7:
- Additional information can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020
Please call 888-505-2265 if you have any questions regarding your accounts.