Thank you for your interest in Evergreen Bank Group, an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Hinsdale Branch - Now Open!
We are currently recruiting for the following position at our Hinsdale branch location.
This position's responsibilities will include meeting customer needs by interviewing potential and existing customers desiring to open accounts while providing excellent customer service. This role must also be able to service customers through performing teller activities, which include receiving and paying out money and keeping records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a bank's various transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer customers' questions and explain available services for personal and business accounts both in person and via telephone, while providing excellent customer service.
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
- Refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs.
- Interview customers to obtain information needed for opening retail and business accounts.
- Assist in the verification of daily maintenance and new account review to ensure accuracy.
- Investigate, correct and follow up on discovered errors upon customers' request.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, written and numerical amounts agree, and accounts have sufficient funds.
- Examine checks for endorsements and verify information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, check accuracy of deposit slips, enter transactions into computers and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Ensure operational integrity through compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain customer lobby by periodically stocking waters and teas, straightening-up lounge area and making coffee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-3 years of personal banking experience, plus demonstrated success as a Teller.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of Jack Henry SilverLake preferred.
- Basic understanding of mathematics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including proper phone etiquette.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to use sound judgment when issues arise.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Display a highly professional image.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to proactively assist customers and build relationships.
- Ability to genuinely engage customers in conversation while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to actively listen by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling bank products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration and sales techniques.
- Possess thorough knowledge in regards to Individual Retirement Account rules and processes.
For further information, or to apply, please send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why aren't you working here?
As recent as 2015, Evergreen Bank Group ("Evergreen Bank") has been named, for two years in a row, one of 'The Best Places to Work in Illinois' by the Daily Herald Business Ledger! This statewide survey and awards program recognizes the best places of employment that benefit the state's economy, workforce and businesses.
As a top performing community bank in the Chicago market, we are always in pursuit of individuals who promise to bring a hardworking, collaborative and focused energy to the table. We make every effort to offer our employees a mix of exciting and challenging opportunities throughout their career at Evergreen Bank. Each member of our team, no matter the position, plays an integral part to our success, and ultimately, "Our Story."
Evergreen Bank is dedicated to the highest standards of personal and professional service. Good is not good enough. We are committed to being the best community bank, meeting the diverse financial needs of individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations in the markets we serve. We are focused on building strong relationships with our clients as well as the community. Our experienced staff is professional and highly responsive to each person's need, whether personal or business.
Evergreen Bank is a dynamic and growing local community bank with two branches in the Chicago suburbs of Evergreen Park and Oak Brook.
Slated for Fall 2016, Evergreen Bank is set to open a third retail branch located in Hinsdale! At this time, we are looking for vibrant individuals who will help turn the everyday "hum drum act of banking" into something truly unique and different.
With features such as a complimentary coffee bar, shoe shine station and golf simulator in our newest location, we are looking for outgoing, experienced banking professionals who will enhance "The Evergreen Experience" and fully satisfy our client's financial needs.
Need more reasons why you should come work for Evergreen Bank? Here are just a few of our key benefits!
- 3 weeks of vacation PLUS personal time
- Excellent Benefit Plans
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- And lots, lots more!
If interested in joining "Team Evergreen", please forward your contact information including resume/salary requirements to: email@example.com
Find us on LinkedIn
To learn more about employment opportunities, or to view job positions currently available at Evergreen, make sure to visit our LinkedIn Careers Page.
Evergreen Bank Group is a locally owned and managed, full service Illinois State chartered commercial bank with over $700 million in assets. We are dedicated to being the best community bank, meeting the diverse financial needs of individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations in the marketplace we serve. We are focused on the relationships we build with our clients and the communities we serve. Our experienced staff is professional and highly responsive to personal and business needs.